Patents are monopoly rights which can last for a maximum of 20 years. Potentially extremely valuable, they prevent others from using, importing or selling an invention in the protected country without the owner’s permission. Patents are typically used to protect the way something works, what it is made of, how it is made or used, or what it does.
- Power of Attorney
- Assignment Deed – If the applicant is not the inventor
- Certified Priority Document – If PCT/IB/304 is not available on WIPO
The examination is deferred and must be requested within four years from the priority date.
1) The office fee is calculated on the basis of applicant’s categories i.e. Natural Person, Small Entity and Other (Large corporate). Natural person fee is five times lower than other category.
2) The official fee for filing patent application for natural person is INR 1600, for Small entity is INR 4000 and for large corporate is INR 8000.
3) The official fee for filing request for examination for natural person is INR 4000, for Small entity is INR 10000 and for large corporate is INR 20000.